I haven't really been taking care of myself for the last couple of months. I like to put others before myself. I think it's a biblical trait we all must learn. I use to be really self-involved growing up. I can't really tell you much about other people, only about myself if you ask me about high school. However, I am getting to the point where I do so much for other people that I am just burnt out and exhausted by the end of the day, week and sometime even month.
So in order to fully take care of "me," I've devised some activities that I enjoy and are strictly "me-time" and don't involve watching too much TV or too many movies: 1.) the gym. I love working out and being active 2.) reading. I am really starting to enjoy the refresh and the peace of reading.
I'm trying to teach myself about boundaries. Boundaries in saying no and in saying yes. Boundaries in what I do with my time. What I do for who. Emotional boundaries. Who I invest it. Who I spend the most time with.
When I was going to counseling I had to go through and do the onion exercise with my shrink.
See the onion. It has rings and each ring is suppose to represent a lever of closeness to you, the center. And depending on what ring a person is on, then you spend time with that person. I have such a hard time figuring out where to invest my time. I like people. A lot. I like to hang out with people. A lot. And most of the time it doesn't really matter who they. I like to use my phone. A lot. I like to text and email. A lot. I'm learning what to do and how to keep your close friends close and not expend myself over everyone.
I'm also learning a lot about Christ-centered community and about how much it is worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment